Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kewtorial : Delish Ring Display

 In this kewtorial I'll show you how to make a fabulous display for your rings. I got this idea cuz I kept taking my rings off & putting them on the larger paintbrushes drying in cups all around my sink. Eventually one of my useless waffle cone cups filled with Hello Kitty pens wandered to the sink & I kinda thoughtlessly stuck my smoothie straw from breakfast into it and °*°P0P°*° I got this idear & tweeted it to myself right away so I wouldn't forget.
~♥-♥~

All you need is: 
*One Fun Cup*
I got these cups that look like waffle cones yeears ago and they were totes cheap. If you put ice cream in them (and I did) the plastic just breaks, so they've been pretty useless up til now. The only places I go regularly are craft stores like Hobby Lobby & Michaels & Target and Wal Mart; I'm sure you can find some. If not, then there's tons o cute cups fur super cheap jus perf for deco-ing.
~♥~
 
*Straws*
At K Mart I found these large ones that look like the ones that come with bubble tea. You can also re-use bubble tea straws if you happen to drink it..or Unforked has clear striped ones, but I'm purty shore ours is the only unforked anywhere.

~♥~
 
*Frosting*
I gave this Whipple stuff a try. I had to tape my own cake tip onto it since I only got a refill. Get a whiff of whipple and your eyes will water! It smells so toxic;D I'm sure all the foreign language on the frosting bag is warning you not to eat it. I have no idea what it is, but it smells toxic as fugg! ^-* trust me-you won't want to eat it. It works well enough-dries fully & is firm in 2 days. I have no deco skills and I let a bunch of whipple dry in my tip, then chipped it out so I could use this for this project days after I first opened it. Plus doin anything like this my hands shake a lot, so keep that in mind....whipple whill look better in the hands of almost anyone else. If you don't have whipple there's plenty of info out there for making deco frosting, so ask google.

~♥~

*Hot Glue*
This hot glue mat is my best frind~!~not sure where I got it, but all the cooled glue comes right off and I can just toss the gun down and place the stuff I need glued without havin to worry about setting it upright (which is maybe not such a chore to normal peeples, but is to me)

~♥~
Decide how you want your display to look. Since this is a display you'll want to position your straws next to each other toward the back of your cup. My cup deffy has a front, cuz the cone shape overlaps and it's way lower at that point. If they're makin like a triangle shape when you draw imaginary lines bettwixt them when viewed from above then your display won't really have a display side and non-display side and is more likely to stick out obnoxiously from your shelf. If  you like it that way, then fine: you've been warned.

Here you can see how I've glued my straws with the left one in the very bottom and the other 2 kind of moved up a lil & fanned out from that first one. I applied hot glue to each straw then set it where I wanted it in my cup one at a time. As you can see the straws are touching in the bottom of the cup & well spaced at the top.

~♥~

The straws are kinda thin, so don't poke the hot glue onto them...just squeeze out a nice dollop onto the straw and press into place on your cup. I positioned my hot glue at about the halfway mark of my cup.
 
 ~♥~


Add some cute beads or little toys for xxkewtxx factor of your display. It *is* optional, but this way even when you're wearing most of your rings you'll still have a totes adorbz display piece. I threw this one togevs in 10 minutes with stuff I had handy, but I've got more cups & will better execute my kewt-a-DIY-in' in da future.
~♥~
The last thing I did was frost the rim of my cup. I don't even mind that it looks messy; I think it looks more like real whipped topping on a cold ice creamy treat`kinda melty & swirled around.
~♥~

Let the the whipple frosting dry for a couple of days, then stack your rings on the straws*&*enjoy*!*


No comments:

Post a Comment