Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Shakin Up a Pink OREO Treat


The cookies gods lay blessing upon us with yet another new OREO flavor*!*

OREOS aren't espeshlee good for me(or you) but I get so excited about new flavors of things that I just had to try them. Out of habit I still turn over the box of every food I'm about to eat & by golly, it's good I did~!~there's a milkshake recipe on the back~!~

I bet it's a pretty good one. No, I won't be helping you make that mundane milkshake. I like finer and funner things in life. With my recipe the OREOs actually become the least healthy component of this delicious dessert shake.

We're basically following the recipe on the back, but making it better for us & super kewt*!*


Here's what you'll need for 2 generous servings
8-10 OREOs
2 cups of SO Delicious Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream
1.5 cups of Coconut Milk (not pictured~also SO Delicious brand)
Half a can of Zevia Cream Soda
2 Cookies and Cream Pocky
2 Strawberry Pocky
Sanrio 3D Ice Cube Tray (or sub other)

And *!*this*!*

1. Open your can of cream soda & let it sit out in the fridge for a few hours to get flat

2. Once soda has less fizz use it to fill your decorative ice cube tray. In my case I used only the bottom half of my 3D Sanrio tray so it's just the front of each character. Freeze for 3-4 hours.

3. Take 4 OREOs and use your big knife to finely chop them. Mine were chopped on a paper towel. Set them aside.

4. Take another 4 OREOs and cut them into quarters. Set those aside.

5 . Commence blender preparation once your cream soda shapes are frozid. Pop out the shapes you'll be using so they're sitting in the freezer tray & ready to go.

6. Put your quartered cookies in the blender, then ice cream, and lastly milk.

7. Blend until everything looks good and creamy like a milkshake should.

8. Pour milkshake into 2 glasses & add the finely chopped OREOs.

9. Twist open an OREO trying to keep the cookie part in tact. Then push the naked half into the cream of the frosted half making a little display platform for your decorative cream soda ice.

10. Get out the ice cube tray so your creamy soda cutie can be placed upon it's stage ASAP

11. Put the OREO stand in your glass atop the cookie crumbles and place your creamy cube onto the pink frosted half.

12. Garnish with one of each of the pocky sticks

13. Take pics before your OREO island sinks, lol, then drink and enjoy.



*~anime & even more pocky for dipping optional~*



Thanx for reading ♥ hope you enjoy ze recipe *&* do share your OREO Shake-Ups *!*



1 comment:

  1. BLESS YOUR BEAUTIFUL SOUL. Sweet mother of Pinkie Pie! I saw those Oreos the other day and I wanted to try. Why didn't I buy them?! But ugh...that milkshake (even though I'm completely stuffed right now) looks so delicious and majorly cute to boot. :D You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete