Saturday, March 24, 2012

Review of sassyNpunk Boutique

They had a sale not too long ago & I decided to purchase a pastel bat clip & a Sailor Jupiter ring.

I wouldn't call this pastel. It's a light purple. I was expecting it to look like the lavender star beads of fairy kei fame. Color aside the bat adhered to the clip is pliable, so to open/use the clip warps the wings. It also has rough edges...I guess you can't really file or sand soft resin, so that kinda makes sense. The good news is it'll be easy for me to scrape along to edges to at least correct the outline of the bat.

Here's RTBU Star beads listing (a shop that has never steered me wrong or let me down)
Here is what the bat clips look like from sassynpunk
Here's a picture I took of my beads next to my bat clip-the bat looks, to me, worlds apart from the truly pastel star beads. It has so much of a gray quality...ick.
~*~


I know that if I were describing this item the word I'd use is, "olive green" or army green mayhap. The item is no longer available on the site, but it looked green yellow. Color aside, tho, the sticker is positioned crookedly under what appears to be more not fully cured resin...this time with bubbles. The ring only fits on my pinky fingers: that was not shocking & I'd fully prepared myself for it, assuming I'd be chopping off the ring part & putting it on my own nickle free ring blanks.

I've already found the silver lining ^-* It *neeeds* cover, so cabs & lace trim will fight this ugly olive in the name of the MOon...(?_?)oh, I mean, fashion~yes*!* Fashion.


Do I have anything good to say about my experience? Well, the packing was cute.

But it was also pretty infuriating to get into, being that bubble wrap was taped very tightly around each item in the paper bubble lined mailer. And they stapled reclosable zip bags shut with their little shop name paper over the top(opening), so even THAT little bag had to be sliced into. There were 2 staples in the bag holding the bat clip & the metal staple dragged across my bat as I was getting it out, scratching it.

I'll tell you what good I've taken away from this experience was! It made me feel super awesome about myself & everything I sell on my etsy & about the practices of sellers I've purchased things from. I've not ever been so misled nor been so misleading. I know that all monitors display color differently & how hard it can be to capture the colors of items, so I do my very best to photograph well & will always describe the color to the best of my ability using terms we're pretty much all familiar with. I've never been contacted or otherwise called out for misrepresentation.

I won't be shopping there again.






No comments:

Post a Comment